PDA

View Full Version : Prc Carburetors?????

JC302X
08-31-2005, 11:59 PM
I'M LOOKING INTO BUYING A DOMINATOR BUT MY TUNING LIMITS ARE A LITTLE SHORT FOR THE LEVEL OF HP AND NITROUS THAT I'M GOING TO BE AT. LOOKING TO RUN 5.20-30 1/8 AND WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE A SAFE TUNE SPECIALLY OUT THE LINE WHERE IT'S HARDER TO GET THE RIGHT CURVE. MY QUESTION IS HOW CLOSE TO PERFECT ARE THE PRC's OUT OF THE BOX, AFTER YOU PROVIDE ALL THE NEEDED SPECS AND INFO FORM YOUR ENGINE.
THE PRICE IS VERY HIGH (ABOUT $1300) BUT IF IS GOING TO HELP SAVE YOUR HALL ENGINE AND PERFORMS LIKE THEY CLAIM, I THINK IS WORHT IT. HAVE ALSO HEARD REALLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT PRO SYSTEMS WHICH IS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN PRC BUT PRO SYSTEMS ARE NOT IN TOWN LIKE PRC.
PLEASE HELP WITH GOODD OR BAD EXPIRIENCE WITH PRC BEFORE I PURCHASE MINE.

TxBandit
09-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Go with Pro Systems, their carbs are MILES beyond anything I've ever seen from PRC. Also, don't be afraid to use them because they aren't local, if you have any issues Patrick can tell you exactly what needs to be done over the phone.

Troy

JC302X
09-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Go with Pro Systems, their carbs are MILES beyond anything I've ever seen from PRC. Also, don't be afraid to use them because they aren't local, if you have any issues Patrick can tell you exactly what needs to be done over the phone.

Troy

THANKS. PRO SYSTEMS WAS MY FIRST CHOICE BUT MY ENGINE BUILDER RECOMENDED PRC BECAUSE HE USES THEM ON HIS CARS AND SAYS THEY WORK GREAT BUT I'M SURE I'M JUST GOING TO USE PRO CARBS
WHAT DO YOU HAVE. EVER USED THEIR TECH LINE BEFORE?

TxBandit
09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't have either!!

I know several people who have used PRC and several who have use Pro Systems. It never fails that all I hear is how great Pro Systems is and how crappy PRC is.

Just recently a friend of mine tried a PRC carb on his 500" BBC. He never could get it to run right even after numerous attempts by the guys at PRC. He took it off and put a box stock HP style dominator on and the car immediately ran better. There are cars out there who have PRC carbs and the cars run fine.

Another guy that I know installed two Pro Systems carbs on his motor. The car had a slight stumble when launching. One call to their tech line solved the problem.

I'm sure that both companies have issues occasionally, it's expected. It's your engine, you can use what you want, I'm just tossing my opinion out there.

I sometimes wonder if there has been anyone who hase tried carbs from different companies to really see how they perform and if one is any better then the other. There are a ton of good carb builders out there, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Troy